Career Development Professional 1
The Career Development Professional 1 (CDP 1) addresses clients’ information needs. They help clients find the most relevant resources and guide them in developing the skills to use these resources.
They understand research methods for gathering information and utilize a variety of mediums to disseminate information based on the clients’ needs.
CDP 1 staff have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of community resources, government programs and work search strategies and can assess clients’ information needs and refer to the appropriate resources and supports in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Good knowledge of community organizations, service providers, and referral agencies
- The ability to access and effectively use information and communications technology; conduct research
- A solid understanding of Labour Market Information (LMI) and its applications
- Adherence to inclusionary practice, ethical decision making, respect for diversity, and confidentiality
- A working knowledge of employment/career related services, programs and interventions
- Commitment to professional development and career self-management
Must have a combination of work/life experience demonstrating essentials skills and competencies.
- Digital Literacy
- Labour Market Information
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Résumé and cover letter development
- Interview skills
- Band 1: Professional Practice: Competencies enabling effective practice. (All Competencies within Band)
- Band 2: CDP Characteristic: Competencies distinguishing the field of career development practice. (Competencies 11, 13, 16)
Competency bands are from the National Career Development Professional Competency Framework
This easy-to-use online tool allows managers and employees to conduct industry standardized performance reviews based on the National Competency Framework. Each set of questions is tailored to an employee's specific career to ensure they receive a fair and thorough evaluation and make sure that managers have the information they need to support their team's development and success.
- CDP 1
- Information Resource Specialist
- Intake Worker
- Service Navigator
- Employment Navigator
- Triage Worker
- Customer Service
- Resource Support Staff
- Customer Services Specialist
- Native Employment Assistant
- Project Administrator