The Navigator role is the first point of contact for job seekers, employers, and the community. They field preliminary questions and inquiries to assess the informational needs of the individual and refer them to the appropriate resources.
They direct, assist, guide, gather, and determine.
Confidently navigate difficult situations
Excel working 1-on-1 with clients
Possess good time-management skills
Be empathetic of all clients' situations
- Assist individuals find the most relevant career and employment services
- Guide individuals in developing skills to utilize a variety of mediums to disseminate information based on the users’ needs
- Gather and document client information, and adhere to all confidentiality mandates
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of community resources, government programs and work search strategies
- Gather resource centre data and provide analysis, as required
- Guide individuals in developing skills to utilize a variety of mediums to disseminate information based on the clients’ needs
- Support and assist job seekers in completing their job matching profiles
- Gather data and provide analysis, as required
The NSCDA offers customized and comprehensive training programs for career developers to expand your knowledge and accelerate your career.
Career Development Professional 1
The Career Development Professional 1 addresses clients’ information needs. They help clients find the most relevant resources and guide them in developing the skills to use these resources.View Career